Sleep Less. Think More.

26.6.11

A Life of Dreams

I had a dream. I was walking through open fields, sunshine and flowers colouring rounded hills. The total sum of life at this point equalled balanced perfection.

The open fields slowly gave way to bigger hills, shrubs, ever thicker trees with hanging vines and hidden thorns that scratched and opened cuts for a host of flying and crawling insects to feed on blood.

I thought I saw a shadow following me. It was difficult to see through the undergrowth and leaves what it was. I sensed it getting closer and growing more hostile the closer it got. There were now several and all were gaining on me. They were tireless in their concentrated pursuit.

I tried to move faster through this jungle to get away. The faster I moved the more cuts and bruises I caused myself. The faster I moved the more effort it took. I realized how exhausted I had become.

I must have fallen back into a deep sleep. I don’t know for how long for there was no time. There was no light and no sound. Is the perfect void nothing? If so, then can there be a perfect void?

I re-awakened from the deep darkness to find myself in a pool of warm water. It took a few seconds to figure out that the up must be where there was a bright light. My lungs were about to explode when I was pushed out and reached the surface. Clearing the mineral rich salty fluid from my eyes, I find I am back surrounded by similar flowering rolling hills where I started. Funny I had never noticed this pool before.

Written by Wellness Committee

No comments:

Post a Comment